MIDWAY : trailer : a film by Chris Jordan from Midway on Vimeo.
Why is this all going on? Because there is no feminine energy to balance it out....it is all too masculine.
As men are in control of so much, they see little suppression of the masculine; Banks are masculine, as are Government's, media news, wars, mass food production, in fact there is little or no mass social dynamic on this planet that is feminine? That is messy.
"The instinctive cravings of the brute-man are still lurking there in all their capacity? Are we not shamelessly selfish and sensual in our thoughts and desires? of course, we may verywell be proud of our skyscraping intellect and its amazing exploits on various fronts , yet we have to own that we are no more than bond slaves of crude Passions, Greed, Lust, Malice, Ferocity and all the ugly brood of Crass selfishness, are at the steering wheel of our conduct." unknown
Not to be judging as I totally understand and accept, and I feel this list below is more objective observation. Men in the western world in 2013 are........just a little bit lame......some examples:
- Playing the new computer game Sim City, where...in their spare time, grown men build virtual cities, including roads, skyscrapers, and economies......heheh.
- Grown men buying fashion clothes, hair products, and over preening.
- Those never experiencing or taking interest in other cultures.
- Men over 25 who live with their mums (whose mums are not in need of care).
- English hard lads who when arrive in a foreign airport get a bit gay, "Jack, do you have the piece of paper, where are we supposed to be? Do you have the number? "I Don't know Gary, do you know where we are supposed to go? Does the internet on your iphone work?"
- Grown men with sat navs in their car, learn to read a map ....like a real man.
- Men who get insured for everything and have pensions......if your scared, don't buy the thing, or do the thing in the first place.....or find a stone to hide under.
- Men who need scuffs and tiny scratches on their cars fixed.
- Men who rubbish healthy eating and meditation, chemical meat and a messy mind is hardly shaolin warrior stuff is it now?
- Men who get all their food from supermarkets, man up - goto a market and feel fresh food like a real man, or grow it......But I have no time due to....
- Men with umbrellas, it's just for me, a little bit lame.
- Men who give their partners wads of money to, "Go shopping love, treat yourself" - its weird.
- Men who plan trips too much.......flow brother.
- Men who don't shake hands properly.
- Men who are constantly on ebay buying things, wanting things, needing things, and making sure all their mates know what they are getting and what they have got - they should have enough room by now in the rear to stick all this stuff firmly up into.
- The big man in the fast car who stops at red lights even though there is nothing coming....I nearly do a little wee from laughing so much when I see this.
- The big man in the fast car driving around a Salisbury's car park at 5mph looking for a space - it just looks so gay.
- Men who smell of aftershave from 40cm away - let your natural smell attract the opposite sex.
- Men who have OCD and are ultra clean and tidy - it's lame. Be zen but not weird.
- Men who do weights at home - working the guns....like some dial a gayboy type thing.
- Men who have more than one mirror in their home.....and these being the only mirrors to the self they look into.
- Men whose hobby it is to be up on all the new tech.
- Men who let their partner take over the kitchen and living room - so so so lame.
- Men who have a serious think about whether to upgrade their razor to mach IIIII turbo mega extreme, from their current mach IIII turbo nearly mega extreme.
- Men who wear ties, sit a desk most of their life, and take orders of someone they have no respect for, just to get money.....heheh
Big Disclaimer: i am not homophobic at all, I've lived with people who like the same sex, been to gay clubs, I have no problem at all, - it's just I could find no word better describes some of the above than "gayness."
....Because.....maybe straight these days is actually the new gay? (WARNING: serouslu foul use of the english language below....extremelly shameful and has no place on this site) ;-)
Seriously though, the message of this blog is really about the suppression of the male warrior, those in stillness, living by their own rules. Keeping ones word. Never fazed.
So this concludes my Beltane double parter - It was supposed to be a celebration of the feminine and masculine, but when it was seriously contemplated, I realised the feminine and masculine are both a bit muddled on this planet......shame.. Happy Jiggys, and I leave you with some poems. Maybe we have it all wrong and we are supposed to find the lover in our selves.
When you Love someone you do not Love them all the time, in exactly the same way, from moment to moment. It is an impossibility. It is even a lie to pretend to. And yet this is exactly what most of us demand. We have so little faith in the ebb and flow of life, of Love, of relationships. We leap at the flow of the tide and resist in terror its ebb. We are afraid it will never return. We insist on permanency, on duration, on continuity; when the only continuity possible, in life as in Love, is in growth, in ƒluidity - in Ŧreedom.
~ Leo ßuscaglia
The World needs Men.....
Who cannot be bought;
Whose word is their bond;
Who put character above wealth;
Who possess opinions and a will;
Who are larger than their vocations;
Who do not hesitate to take chances;
Who do not loose their individuality in a crowd;
Who will be as honest in small things as in great things;
Who will make no compromise with wrong;
Whose ambitions are not confined to their own selfish desires;
Who do not believe that shrewdness, cunning and hardheadedness are the best qualities for winning success;
Who are not ashamed or afraid to stand for the truth when it is unpopular;
Who can say "no" with emphasis, although the rest of the world says "yes".
"The Art of Self Reflection – What To Remember When Waking In that first hardly noticed moment to which you wake, coming back to this life from the other more secret, moveable and frighteningly honest world where everything began, there is a small opening into the new day which closes the moment you begin your plans. What you can plan is too small for you to live. What you can live wholeheartedly will make plans enough for the vitality hidden in your sleep. To be human is to become visible while carrying what is hidden as a gift to others. To remember the other world in this world is to live in your true inheritance." - David Whyte