At the start of May a few weeks ago, the UK media went belly-up-mental, with the front pages and TV/Radio leading stories all united in the absolute horror that.....
5 military* men in Afghanistan died as their flying machine of murder** crashed in an accident.
* They signed up voluntarily.
** Lynx MK9 helicopters cost around £8m each of taxpayers money, and there are over 12 in Afghanistan.
The British media went belly-mental-uproar that now 453 British "trained killers" had died during their invasion of Afghanistan.
The nation mourned, and lined the streets in Oxford to salute the "brave heroes."
The Prime Minister, and the leader of the opposition also made public statements....such as
“This is a tragic and poignant reminder of the sacrifices made by our Armed Forces in serving our country with bravery and distinction." Miliband.
The media going "belly-up mental in hero-worship" failed to mention any of the following:
* So far, around 20,000 Afghan civilians have been murdered since NATO forces invaded. Source: wiki.
Think about this for a second, 20,000 civilians Versus 5 invaders in an accident.
* Afghanistan produces 90% of the worlds Opium, and Afghanistan's Opium harvests are at record highs, leading to record high heroin production, leading to all time low prices on the streets.
A report from the United Nations in 2013 said:
The cultivation of opium poppy in Afghanistan—a nation under the military control of US and NATO forces for more than twelve years—has risen to an all-time high, according to the 2013 Afghanistan Opium Survey released Wednesday by the United Nations.
According to the report, cultivation of poppy across the war-torn nation rose 36 per cent in 2013 and total opium production amounted to 5,500 tons, up by almost a half since 2012.
“This has never been witnessed before in the history of Afghanistan,” said Jean-Luc Lemahieu, the outgoing leader of the Afghanistan office of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, which produced the report. Source.
NATO have been found to admit they protect the Opium fields, but the PR is that they will go for traffickers and not allow the farmers not turn against them. Read: CIA are in the shadows making some cash.
* The locals in the rural areas being invaded (media buzzword Taliban) claimed they shot the helicopter down....though the PR from NATO came out and said it was dust....hehe.....Paul Beaver, a defence analyst, said: “It's difficult to speculate on what has happened, but it sounds like this was a flying accident instead of a case of the aircraft being shot down. It could be weather-related, it could be dust or it could have been trying to avoid birds, for example.”
How does avoiding a bird crash an £8m flying war machine. My crappy cheap car seems to be ok with avoiding birds and dust?
* In the 1940's, British people were happy when an invading German flying machine of murder was shot down.
* The White-House, who have much blood on their hands with the 20,000 murdered civilians, this week went batshit crazy about 200 girls being taken as slaves to be sold, as if their capitalistic financial hamster wheel creates no slaves.
It seems supporting British military is like following a football team, it matters not where they play, or who they play against, 'we' want them to win and get no injuries.
I don't know what is more toxic, the media and it's lies, or the people's inability to gain perspective within themselves.
What is so mad it's almost funny, is that those who support and pay for (via tax) the invasion of Afghanistan are also funding the demise and death of the increasing number of Heroin addicts worldwide.
Do people care about this lack of perspective? Not really, last night a billion or so people sat in front of a screen to watch a bearded man dressed as a women win a tinpot singing competition - then he (she?) claimed it was a victory for "tolerance and peace"....
.....well, his (her?) lack of perspective sums it all up really (but might take some thought). Obviously this is another in a long line of co-ordinated distractions.